Throughout our history, our focus has been helping customers to achieve their goals and make positive, healthy differences for people around the world. Working together with researchers and scientists, we have the opportunity to innovate solutions that increase access, reduce cost, and increase the quality of healthcare in ways never before imagined.
GE Healthcare Life Sciences has a long, rich heritage of innovation, and today, is the sum of many successful brands. We also continue to build on our strong legacy by investing in acquisitions such as PAA Laboratories and Applied Precision.
Here is a cross-section of products and companies who have shaped who we are today:
- Whatman papers, with a reputation for innovation and quality that began over 200 years ago.
- Sephadex, the world’s first gel filtration media, invented by Pharmacia.
- WAVE, the world’s first disposable bioreactor, pioneered by WAVE Biotech.
- ECL, the world’s first reagent for chemoluminescence, developed by Amersham.
- The world's first SPR system, launched by Biacore, and ultrasensitive microcalorimeters pioneered by MicroCal.
Go to our Brand page to learn more.