Our privacy policies describe what information we collect and how we use it.
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. GE does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to GE. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. GE does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
- We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- o Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
- GE does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- GE may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier's privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a GE mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer's privacy policies for additional information.
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this web site. Here are some of the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information.
If you email us through the “Contact Us” link on this site, we ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well.
Investor Communications E-mail Alerts
If you would like to receive company news alerts from the GE Investor Communications Staff, we ask for your name and email address so we can send you the news alerts.
Questionnaires and Surveys
We occasionally may ask visitors to our web site to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us serve you better and improve the usefulness of our site. In conducting these surveys we may ask you for your name and email address. We do not keep any personal information about you in connection with your participation in a ge.com survey unless you specifically agree to provide that information.
Send Content to a Friend
You can send certain content to your friends. To do so, we ask you to provide your name and your friend’s email address. We use this information to send the content to your friend.
If you would like to receive the printed General Electric Citizenship Report or Ecomagination Report by postal mail, you may ask for a copy on our web site. We ask for your contact information so we can send you the report.
Request Electronic Delivery of Annual Reports
If you are a GE shareholder and would like to request electronic delivery of annual reports, you may do so on our web site. We ask for your last name and the last four digits of your account number for verification purposes.
Contact GE’s Board of Directors
On ge.com, we provide a phone number, a postal address and an email address so visitors can report complaints about GE accounting, internal accounting controls or auditing matters or other concerns to the board of directors or Audit Committee. If you email us, please be aware that you will be providing us with your email address and any other information you include in your email.
We collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit this web site. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single identifiable visitor. It tells us such things as how many users visited our site and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor our web site to our visitors. We collect this information either through “cookie” technology or with “web beacons,” as explained below.
Like many companies, we use browser cookies on this web site. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain web sites. We use browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before or if you’re a new visitor and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site.The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. Remember though, without browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our web site features.We also use flash cookies on our web site to enhance your online experience. Flash cookies are similar to browser cookies, except that they can store data more complex than simple text. Flash cookies, by themselves, cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. In addition, flash cookies cannot access or remember your email address or other personal information unless you provide the information on this site. We use flash cookies to provide you with a better user experience. You can manage and disable flash cookies by clicking here for Manage and Disable Flash Cookies.
Certain pages on our site contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons.GE also uses third party web beacons to help manage online advertising. These web beacons are provided by our ad management partners, Google Analytics , and Omniture. These files enable Google Analytics and Omniture to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our web site. The cookie on your web browser was placed by GE, or by another advertiser who works with Google Analytics . With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. For more information about Google Analytics , including information about how to opt out of these technologies, go to www.google-analytics.com. For more information about Omniture, including how to opt out of these technologies, go to www.omniture.com.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our web site visitors, except as described here. We may share information provided by our visitors to ge.com with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided through this web site in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Information We Transfer
We may transfer the personal information we collect on this site to other countries where we do business, but we will do so only for the purposes described above. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described here unless otherwise required by applicable laws.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
This web site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.Some links on ge.com take web site visitors to sites that are directed to kids. These web sites have their own privacy notices that address children’s privacy. We encourage you to read these privacy notices if you visit any linked sites directed to children.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide on this web site. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure.
If you are a shareholder and have requested electronic delivery of annual reports, you may update the information you have provided to us through this web site by clicking here for Annual Report Signup.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will post a prominent notice on this web site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of the statement when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by:
Visiting our Feedback & Inquiries Form
Calling us at 1 203 373 2211 or
Writing us at:
The General Electric Company
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, CT 06828