You are welcome to browse some portions of the GE Healthcare web site without becoming a registered user. For some services or areas on the site, we will ask that you register if you have not already done so and provide us with information about you and/or your company such as name, job title, email address, and other types of information which enable us to provide services and information to you. Once we provide you with a user name and password you will be able to access other parts of our site. If you order from our online catalog or use other services available through our site, we may ask you to provide further information, including but not limited to financial information, equipment information, and other personal information. We may collect other personal information when you provide comments or participate in surveys.
If you use our site to enroll in off line educational courses or to take courses on line, we may collect additional course registration information. In addition, for your convenience, GE Healthcare may collect and maintain your course credit history.
If you use our online job search program, our Human Resources staff will review and process your application. If no opportunities are available at this time, we may keep your information on file for purposes of identifying future employment opportunities for you at GE Healthcare.
If you participate in any group forums or use other interactive tools (such as message boards or chat rooms) available on or through the GE Healthcare site, you should use care not to disclose your personal information. In general, such forums may be viewed by others who visit the site.
The GE Healthcare site uses two types of cookies. "Cookies" are small data files, typically made up of a string of text and numbers, which assign you a unique identifier. A "client cookie" is sent to your browser so that our systems remember your requests and keep track of the pages you view on our site and which services you use. A "server cookie" is maintained on our systems to recognize you when you return to the site. This information allows us to better administer the site and provide a more tailored and user-friendly service to you. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent; if so, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our site.
In addition, GE Healthcare works with third parties to serve advertisements on our sites. These ads may contain cookies which are maintained or tracked by the ad server or advertiser. GE Healthcare does not control or have access to the advertiser cookies.
Finally, we collect aggregate information about the use of our site, such as which pages are most frequently visited, how many visitors we receive daily, and how long visitors stay on each page.
GE Healthcare strives to have in place appropriate means to protect your information. However, in providing your information over a public or third party network, you do so at your own risk.
The information we collect about you in the course of our relationship is used to facilitate your orders or other activities between us, and to provide you with both general and tailored information about offers, products, services or other useful information from us or others. If you order products or services from us, we may maintain an order history for your account. We also may combine information you have provided to us in communications offline with the information you have given us online (or vice versa), to provide a more customized experience for you when you deal with us. We use demographic and site usage information collected from visitors to improve the usefulness of our site and to prepare aggregate, non-identifying, information used in marketing, site advertising, or similar activities.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of our company we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy, for the purposes identified in our other communications with you, or to provide the information to other General Electric businesses and selected third parties which may be outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located in other jurisdictions. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
As our services evolve, the types of information we collect may change. Please check this policy frequently for the most current explanation of our data practices.
We do not sell your email address or other identifying information to third parties. We may, however, share your information with companies that are part of the GE Healthcare family, other businesses in the General Electric group or selected third parties to achieve the purposes identified in this policy, in our other communications with you, or on the site (for example, to provide you additional promotional materials in which you may have an interest).
We may provide to others the aggregate statistics about our customers' orders or related site activity for purposes of marketing or promotion.
We may disclose information about you to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of General Electric, GE Healthcare or others.
GE Healthcare is a global business and as such your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area, some of which do not provide the same level of protection for personal data as is provided within European Economic Area. GE Healthcare will however take steps to ensure that your personal data is transferred and processed securely, in accordance with European Union requirements.
GE Healthcare maintains customer information, including order history and site usage data, for a length of time appropriate to our business needs. You may contact us to correct or update any personal identifying information, which you have submitted to us, or should you have questions about information maintained by us. If you operate in the European Union or other jurisdictions that provide access rights under law, you may access your personal information or have it corrected or updated in accordance with applicable law by contacting us. In some jurisdictions, you may be charged a reasonable fee for access to information. You can opt out of receiving information about GE Healthcare activities, products or services and/or opt out of having your data provided to third parties for marketing purposes by contacting us.
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. GE does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to GE. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. GE does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
This site utilizes the Remarketing feature that is part of Google Analytics' Advertising Features. This functionality uses Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers along with data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation to serve ads as you visit other websites that utilize Google's advertising features. You may opt-out of Google's Advertising features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or you may use Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
- We use the information to personalize your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. For example, if you authorize a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
GE does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- GE may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier's privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a GE mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer's privacy policies for additional information.
The "Lab tips and tricks” web page ("web page”) is open to submission of a tip or trick ("story”) by any practicing scientist working in any type of scientific setting worldwide. GE Healthcare reserves the right to associate an image with the submitted stories. Stories and associated images should be related to the work in scientific laboratories.
The story must be the participant's own work, or the work of the participant's employer/institution.
A story will be submitted only once the participant has actively pressed the "submit tip” button.
By submitting the story, the participant gives irrevocable permission, at no additional compensation or consideration, for General Electric Company or its affiliates to reproduce the participant's story in scientific or promotional communications without notice. The participant warrants that there is no third party intellectual property right that prevents such reproduction. Submission also constitutes the participant's irrevocable permission for General Electric Company employees, its affiliates or GE Healthcare nominated personnel to contact the participant for further discussion/clarification of the submission for the purposes of such reproduction, as required.
In order to be acknowledged, an entry, once submitted must meet and will be screened by General Electric Company against the following criteria:
- not break any related copyrights, or trademarks and comply with any relevant confidentiality or legal agreements;
- respect co-workers, customers and competitors;
- use respectful language;
- not use profanity;
- be fair to all religious, political, economic, and racial differences and opinions;
- be accurate and truthful; and not engage in negative or unnecessarily critical dialogue with respect to competitors, institutions or any other third party.
General Electric Company or its affiliates do not warrant the accuracy, reliability, completeness or usefulness of any submissions on the web page. All warranties, representations, terms and conditions (statutory, express, implied or otherwise) as to quality, condition, description, merchantability, fitness for purpose, or non-infringement are hereby expressly excluded. General Electric Company or its affiliates are not liable for the content submitted by participants and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information contained therein. The views expressed by participants in the submissions are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of General Electric Company of its affiliates. General Electric Company shall in no event be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or punitive damage of any kind from any cause arising out of the reliance on or use or inability to use this web page its contents or any submissions, including without limitation, loss of profits, or goodwill or business interruption.
General Electric Company or its affiliates have the right to close this web page at any time without notice. By submitting a story, the participant agrees to be bound by these rules. Failure to accept and comply with all rules may lead to the story and its contents not being published or being removed from the web page without notice. Any text deemed unsuitable by General Electric Company or its affiliates will be excluded in whole or part without any notification to the participant.