Coming soon! A 27 000 sq. ft. (2500 m2) bioprocess pilot-scale facility is planned to open in mid-to-late 2018 in Uppsala, Sweden. Serving as a hub for innovation in biomanufacturing, the facility will include four start-to-finish bioprocessing laboratories where researchers can test and evaluate their technical and biological discoveries while keeping the full ownership of their results and intellectual property.
GE Healthcare is continuing to invest in the fast-moving world of science by helping create a bridge between the research and industrial production of biopharmaceuticals. Dubbed Testa Center, the site will be open for business in Uppsala, Sweden. Partially funded by the Swedish government through its innovation agency, Vinnova, the facility will provide Swedish and international industry, start-ups and academia with an authentic environment to test and verify innovative tools and technologies for the industrial manufacture of biopharmaceuticals.
In brief, Testa Center provides:
- High-quality technology offering : four industrial research laboratories (non-GMP) in test-scale mainly based on single-use technologies
- Access to bioprocess expertise : dedicated GE Healthcare personnel available for support
- Cost effective research : Develop, test, verify, and create the production parameters before investing in your own equipment
- Facility for advanced education within production of biological products : open for all universities and institutions
- Authentic environment for process and digitalization technology
- Alignment with the Swedish innovation system : simple way to commercialization
- Complete control over your intellectual property (IP) and data : GE does not own any rights related to your processes or innovation