HiScale are easy to pack empty columns designed for medium to high pressure chromatography up to 20 bar (290 psi) using a chromatography system.
- For process development and preparative chromatography: excellent choice for work requiring ease‐of‐use, robustness, and process control.
- HiScale 10/40 column is suitable for viral clearance scale-down studies because of the narrow inner diameter and the flexible bed height.
- Easy to pack: axial compression capabilities, a nonrotating plunger mechanism, and column measurement scale.
- Pressure stability up to 20 bar (2 MPa, 290 psi): compatible with modern BioProcess resins.
- Variety of column dimensions — 10, 16, 26, or 50 mm inner diameter and 200 mm or 400 mm length to accommodate bed volumes up to 785 mL.
- High flexibility: equipped with two adapters allowing for a large range of bed heights.
What comes in each HiScale package?
Each HiScale column is delivered with a column tube, outer protection tube, two adapters, PEEK tubing, and unions at both ends for easy connection to valves, pumps, and monitors. For HiScale 10/40, connectors are provided in the accessory kit included in the package.Read more
HiScale column design for medium- to high-pressure chromatography
HiScale pressure‐stable, empty columns are designed for process development and preparative chromatography using ÄKTA as well as other chromatography systems. The columns withstand pressures up to 20 bar, with a user‐friendly design that supports process optimization through simplified and reproducible operations.
The QuickLock mechanism of the adapter shaft facilitates rapid and easy movement of the adapter, simplifying adjustments as well as disassembly and cleaning. The entire shaft may be rinsed after packing, minimizing the risk of bacterial growth. The column’s measurement scale helps users to predict and reach a predefined bed height.
HiScale columns are based on the well‐established line of XK columns. They are compatible with all methods currently applicable to XK columns.
Scale-down studies with HiScale 10/40
HiScale 10/40 columns are especially suitable for scale-down studies used in, for example, viral clearance evaluation in downstream processing. The small inner diameter and flexible adapters minimize costly sample and viral spike volumes. The robust design of HiScale 10/40 allows for controlled bed heights and gives reproducible results offering an effective scaled down model of the large-scale downstream process.
Resin compatibility for medium- to high-pressure chromatography
HiScale chromatography columns are compatible with all GE resins. For columns packed with SOURCE 15 and SOURCE 30, a 10 µm net ring should be used.
ÄKTA system and other chromatography system compatibility
The user-friendly design of the HiScale column facilitates trouble-free operation, with fittings for direct connection to ÄKTA systems. These empty chromatography columns are also compatible with other high-performance liquid chromatography systems that have the appropriate pressure capacity.
Successful use in published research
See these examples of successful applications of HiScale columns in the scientific literature:
- Capture of single-chain fragment variable (ScFv) antibodies using Capto L affinity resin
- Purification of sialylated glycans using Q Sepharose Fast Flow anion exchange resin
- Desalting of a potential malaria vaccine sample using Sephadex G-25 resin before multimodal chromatography
How to pack HiScale chromatography columns
Watch our comprehensive tutorial on how to pack a HiScale column.Read less
Select your model
|There's no available product features to display for this product variant.|
|28964424||HiScale 16/40 column||16 mm||400 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|28964441||HiScale 16/20 column||16 mm||200 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|28964444||HiScale 50/40 column||50 mm||400 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|28964445||HiScale 50/20 column||50 mm||200 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|28964513||HiScale 26/40 column||26 mm||400 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|28964514||HiScale 26/20 column||26 mm||200 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
|29360550||HiScale 10/40 column||10 mm||400 mm||On Request||Get Quote|
Looking for support assistance?
Explore Product Support like Accessories, FAQs, Flow path schemes, Maintenance, Packing procedures, Spare parts, Troubleshooting and more.
If you can't find what you need, contact us to solve your problems.Contact Us